Would you say your overall design style is sleek and chic? Do you enjoy the true architecture of a space with its linear simplicity rather than an overly ornate and accessorized space? If you want to translate your modern vision into your master bathroom, here are some design ideas to help you get started.
- When it comes time to select your cabinet design, lean toward clean, crisp, and streamlined furniture.
- To create a lighter, more elegant bathroom environment, consider cantilevered cabinets secured to the wall creating a minimalist look for the vanity. Create some drama with added string lights at the bottom of the cabinet, which will cast a warm glow on the floor below.
- Provide additional built-in wall-to-wall storage elsewhere in the bathroom to compensate for reduced storage in the vanity area.
- Deep, dark woods evoke a sense of warmth to the clean lines of contemporary design.
- Sleek, sleek white fixtures speak to contemporary/modern design. If space allows, introduce one of the latest trends: a freestanding bathtub.
- They are available in all shapes and sizes and nothing creates a more dramatic focal point in the bathroom than an exquisite freestanding bathtub. Simply place it in front of a dramatic picture window with a breathtaking view as your backdrop.
3. Surfaces and Materials
- Use solid surfaces for countertops, whether it’s quartz, limestone, granite, concrete, or glass for a clean, contemporary look. Keep the edges simple and square for easy maintenance and sophisticated style.
- Always introduce an interesting backsplash material in contrast to the color and material of the countertop. Whatever the surface, I like to apply it to all walls from floor to ceiling. Create instant architecture and add great detail and drama to the space.
- Glass tile, mosaic, stone or ceramic accents are just a few of the highly decorative backsplash products on the market today that create a sense of modern style.
- Keep geometry in mind when selecting material for your contemporary backsplash. Consider tiles with shapes that are rectangular, oversized, or small tiles to create details in the appliqué pattern. If the tile is too large and straight, install it in a brick pattern. If your shape is longer and thinner, stacking the tiles creates a very interesting modern atmosphere. Stay away from the common square tile in any size.
4. Luxury shower
- Create a steamy shower with multiple rain heads and body sprays. If your budget allows, add chromotherapy and aromatherapy to your master bathroom wish list as well. These accessories represent the epitome of modern luxury design. Don’t forget an integrated bench and access panel to hide the steam system.
- Design a seamless floor-to-ceiling glass enclosure and finish the interior with complementary mosaic or stone tile to set it apart from the rest of the space. This glass enclosure creates a visually more open space within the overall space.
- Remember to keep clutter and display to a minimum.
- Complement with towels in a bright color for punch or stainless steel and wood. Keep everything to a minimum and free of clutter.
- Select chrome, nickel or silver drawer/door pulls, towel bars, towel hooks and paper holders to make them shine.
- Vanity mirrors with frames in wood or silver tones, in finishes similar to the other accessories that adorn your modern bathroom.
Now prepare a bathroom and enjoy the modern luxuries of your new space.